Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

God is in this place

Everywhere I look, I see and better understand why I am here, in this place. I also know that God is in this place. I have been called here by Him to do His work and to bring peace and hope to a people who have never known it. WE ARE NEEDED HERE!

My team saw the awesome power of God when we were unexpectedly fired upon by insurgents. We had been inside a house made of cinder block, which had two iron-barred windows. I had just been relieved of duty and fell into a deep sleep when I awoke to the sound of a rocket hitting one of the walls. Then, another rocket, then massive machine gun fire. We had no recourse except through the two small windows.

Then, through His grace, one of the men looked up to remember the house had no roof. This allowed him to launch grenades, and it allowed me to contact other men to come and extract us from the rear of the home - unbeknownst to the insurgents attacking us. Not a single one of the Marines in the home or extracting us from the home was injured or hurt.

When we returned to the home days later, we found the marks left from the rockets, only approx. 6 inches from the windows - their obvious target. Only God could've worked that miracle. Praise God for His goodness and protection!

I may not always agree with this plan of His, to be here fighting to keep my life every minute, away from my wife and children who I love so much, but I do know it is God's plan, so I trust in it and Him.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE PROTECTION AND SAFETY OF OUR MEN AND WOMEN FIGHTING THIS WAR! PRAY FOR THEIR EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH ALSO. PRAY FOR THIS ELECTION TO BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END, SO WE MAY RETURN HOME TO OUR LOVED ONES.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?